You’re in the right place if…
- You’re concerned about your cholesterol, blood pressure, blood sugar, or heart health in general.
- You’re done with dieting — losing weight only to gain it back in a year or two. And you’re tired of being told to lose weight by doctors and other health professionals.
- But you do want to eat for better health, balanced with enjoyment and practicalities.
- You like the idea of a mostly plant-based, flexible, sustainable approach to eating, but need some help figuring out how to make it happen.
- You want to say goodbye to food stress, and hello to delicious, satisfying, energizing food.
Let’s talk. I recommend a quick phone call before we meet, so we can make sure we’re a good match. A virtual meet and greet, if you will. No pressure, I’m happy to chat, and I want you to be satisfied.
- 15 minutes, no charge
Initial Assessment and Consultation
At our first meeting we’ll get to know each other and I’ll answer your burning questions. We’ll set a plan in motion, but often it takes several additional sessions if you’re hoping to see new habits become second nature.
- 90 minutes, $175.00
We’ll review your progress, troubleshoot, and adjust your plan as necessary.
- 45 minutes, $100.00
Meal planning assistance, grocery store tours, etc.
Who are my services not for?
- Children and their concerned parents. I feel your pain, but it’s just not my specialty. Try Calgary Family Nutrition (SW) or First Step Nutrition (online).
- Same with people whose primary concern is related to gut health, cancer, disordered eating, sports nutrition, allergies, or food intolerances (links are to trusted dietitians who specialize in those).
- Those looking for a strict, structured eating plan. A “diet,” if you will.
- People for whom weight loss is the primary goal. I understand the desire to lose weight, trust me, but I’ve come to accept the reality that long-term weight loss is just about impossible, and that focusing our efforts on it may actually be harmful. Details here if you want to learn more.
Where can you find me?
I do consultations on Wednesdays, by appointment only, in the offices of Marda Loop Gastroenterology.
The address is:
Unit 206, 3332 20th Street SW
There is one-hour free underground heated parking, but you do have to register your license number. Entry is behind the building. Or there is free street parking.
If you like, we can do follow-up appointments on the phone.
Will your insurance cover it?
Dietitan services are often covered by extended benefits plans. If not, perhaps you can ask for it! Make your case with the help of this infographic.
Either way, health spending accounts will also cover our visits. (But double-check with your provider so there are no surprises!)
The Bottom Line
Heart-healthy eating shouldn’t be hard.
But between commercial diet programs, the media, the Internet, and your helpful family, sometimes you can feel lost.
Or maybe you’re just struggling to come up with interesting, healthy meals, day after busy day, and you’re in a rut.
It doesn’t have to be that way. Most nutrition experts agree on the fundamentals of eating to support good health. And there are lots of ways to get there. One that works for you, I’m willing to bet. That’s what I call your sweet spot. That place where healthy, delicious, and right for you overlap.
I’m here to help you find your sweet spot. It might take a little time, and some experimentation, but the payoff is when you get to relax and enjoy eating with confidence.