It’s one of the seven favourite recipes included in the planning guide for my free 10-Day Blood Pressure Challenge, which ran from Feb 14-24 for Heart Month. We’ll do it again in May for Hypertension Month, so sign up now if you’d like to be notified when we kick it off.
Blood Pressure Friendly Berry Tart
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1-1/2 tbsp margarine (non-hydrogenated) or butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen berries thaw frozen berries before baking
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the milk and vanilla. Stir until the batter is smooth.
- Melt margarine/butter in the microwave, in the bottom of an 8x8” baking dish.
- Pour in the batter and sprinkle the top with berries.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tart is golden brown and cooked through in the middle.