Get meal ideas, heart-healthy updates, and more when you sign up for my newsletter today. Plus, hit the ground running with meal planning tools and templates:
- Meal Planning Checklist
- Pre-Printed Heart-Healthy Grocery List
- My Go-To Meal and Snack List
Add these to your heart health toolkit!
"*" indicates required fields
Heart Healthy Resources
- The 30-Minute Heart Healthy Cookbook: Delicious Recipes for Easy, Low-Sodium Meals – I’m biased I know (my book), but it’s honestly full of quick, easy, tasty recipes that will help you use more legumes and whole grains.
- Spilling The Beans: Cooking And Baking With Beans Every Day – delicious, accessible, crowd-pleasing recipes for using more dried beans, peas, and lentils.
- Oh She Glows Cookbook: Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out: Slightly more complex but mouth-watering recipes for expanding your plant-based repertoire.
- Women@Heart Community Support Program: A “peer support program led by women with heart disease, for women with heart disease” (of any kind). It consists of 12 structured two-hour sessions held bi-weekly online now, thanks to the pandemic. Based on Ottawa, but it now appears to be open to women everywhere.
- HeartLife Foundation: A “patient-driven charity whose mission is to transform the quality of life for people living with heart failure by engaging, educating, and empowering a global community to create lasting solutions and build healthier lives.” They host a private Facebook group for patients and caregivers.
- Canadian Women with Medical Heart Issues Facebook Group: A “casual, private Canadian women’s lifestyle group dedicated to the support & information sharing about living with heart health issues” and also “proudly affiliated with HeartLife Foundation of Canada.”
- Community of Survivors Facebook Group: a “safe, inclusive and respectful community” established and moderated by the Heart & Stroke Foundation of Canada where people share “experiences, quality information and tips for life after a stroke or cardiac event.”
- Living Well With Heart Disease: A Guide for People With Coronary Heart Disease (free e-book): Heart & Stroke Foundation
- A Woman’s Guide to Living with Heart Disease: Written by a heart attack survivor and patient activist, “a necessary read for women and the people who care about them.”
- Intuitive Eating: Helps people learn to trust their inner wisdom and make peace with food. One less source of stress!
- If you like to watch while you treadmill or chop veggies, you may enjoy this library of talks by the heart disease experts at the University of Ottawa Heart Institute.
Get meal ideas, heart-healthy updates, and more when you sign up for my newsletter today.
Healthcare Professional Resources
The following resources are for clinicians or others looking to roll up their sleeves and really understand the science of nutrition for cardiovascular health.
If you’re looking for more practical, simpler guidance, browse through my blog, which is organized into popular categories for easy searching.
This is by no means a complete list of resources! I tried to keep it short and sweet for you. If you have suggested additions, send them my way!
* None of these are affiliate links. I don’t participate in affiliate programs, so that you can be assured that my recommendations are all independent.