Are you organizing an event for a group?
I facilitate fun, practical sessions packed with hands-on activities and discussion to keep participants engaged, learning, and ready to take action. People love talking about food!
You can rely on me for interactive, fun nutrition workshops. I enjoy teaching and know how to keep groups engaged.
What you can expect:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- If you like, a personal phone consultation prior to your event, so we can better understand how I can best serve you and your audience.
- Menu selection assistance, if desired.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (Assuming your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- An entertaining, interactive, hands-on workshop customized for your audience.
- Extended availability at a subsequent meal or “ask the dietitian” booth for informal discussions with attendees. (If desired. Additional fees may apply.)
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I use in the presentation, along with links to recipes, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful. (Let me know if you’d like to see an example.)
- A follow-up article for those unable to attend. (If desired. Additional fees may apply.)
- A quick debrief so you can share how things went. I’ll want to make sure that you’re satisfied, and I always love feedback that I can use for improving my future presentations.
Length: 1-2 hours, customized to your needs. More time means more hands-on activities, examples, and time for discussion. Participant evaluations often request longer sessions, so if you can fit it in your schedule, I recommend closer to 2 hours.
Speaking fee: $400 for one of the topics below, customized to your timeframe and group’s focus. $500-$1000 for a topic outside of these, depending on the topic. Contact me to discuss your plans.
You’re welcome to book a free Meet & Greet appointment to discuss your event.
MY MOST REQUESTED TOPICS
Controversies in Cardiac Nutrition
Dietary guidance for heart health is challenging, due to the long-term nature of the disease but short duration of most clinical trials. We examine the guidelines and evidence around three of today’s hotly debated topics — the role of saturated fat, the ketogenic diet, and intermittent fasting.
30-Minute Heart-Healthy Kitchen Shortcuts
Knowing how to reliably get dinner on the table in 30 minutes or less can help you cook more and order takeout less. We’ll talk about tips and tricks for heart-healthy cooking when you’re short on time and energy, as well as minimally-processed convenience foods I used in my 30-Minute Heart Healthy Cookbook.
Eating for Lower Blood Pressure Without Going on a “Diet”
Are you concerned about blood pressure? Let’s talk about salt, sodium, and how to reduce your intake while still enjoying flavourful foods. We’ll also explore DASH and other plant-centric eating patterns that have been shown to lower blood pressure as well as LDL cholesterol.
Sweet Spot Eating On The Go
Do you travel a lot or eat on the go around town? Heart-healthy restaurant food can be tough to find, but some choices are more nutritious than others. Join me as we explore restaurant menus and discuss strategies to can help you fuel up and feel your best when you’re away from home.
Eating for Energy
Are you dragging by 3pm? Do you want to be more productive, alert, and energetic? Join me for an interactive session to sort myth from reality in the confusing world of eating for energy. Learn which foods and eating habits can fight fatigue and get you through the day feeling great.
Eating for Health, Not Weight Loss
Have you been advised to lose weight? Join us for a supportive and surprising discussion about weight and heart health. We’ll talk about why dieting sets you up for failure and how you can optimize your health without the ups and downs.
Our Love/Hate Affair with Sugar
Consuming too much sugar on a regular basis can increase your risk of some health problems, but on the other hand, restricting sugar can trigger cravings and impair our relationship with food. Learn how much is recommended, where it’s found, and strategies for addressing cravings. Knowledge is power. Let’s relax and enjoy eating again.
Optimizing Protein Intake for Heart Health
Do you get enough protein? Do you get it throughout the day, to help slow down age-related muscle loss, keep your blood sugar steady and keep from getting too hungry? Are you getting it from foods that support heart health? Join me for a discussion of the latest research and practical protein pointers.
Check my availability
Or feel free to book a free Meet & Greet appointment to discuss your plans: